KIDS MARTIAL ARTS classes IN BURY
Gracie JJGF Certified Academy
Our Kids martial arts classes
Our Kid’s classes are our fastest growing programme in a room padded on both the floor and walls with 40mm Judo mats to 2 metres high (many gyms use 20mm).
Our children’s programme builds confidence, self esteem and genuine respect for each other and their new friends with self defence via BJJ, Judo, wrestling and defensive striking. We use MMA style grappling in clinch making use of the 2 metre high padded walls in our gym. Many of our 6 year olds can talk a parent through a strategy to safely restrain an attacker with a wall pin and if required, take them to the ground.
Martial arts classes for kids in bury
HOW IS SBG BURY DIFFERENT?
This is all without the outdated dogmas of traditional, sketchy lineage black belts who can’t defend themselves adequately, and questionable (if any) coaching skills. Unfortunately, this is rife in the Bury area. Please check out clubs with reputable third parties such as the UKBJJA or independent Facebook groups such as the UK BJJ Underground.
SBG is the only world class Mixed Martial Arts and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu organisation in the Bury area. We don’t have unclear lineage, sketchy associations, or wear Gis or belts that in any way mislead or misrepresent our expertise. To recap, we are:
- UKBJJA registered club.
- Fully Insured (members should still purchase their own cover).
- DBS checked.
- SBG has achieved unrivalled success in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, such as simultaneous two division champion Conor McGregor.
- Glyn Powditch is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt under 3rd degree Karl Tanswell and now due to Karl’s untimely passing, under 4th degree Matt Thornton, SBG International President. Glyn regularly coaches at SBG’s Camps in the US and U.K., most recently in June 2019.
- Glyn qualified as an SBG MMA instructor back in 2006. He has been training in MMA and BJJ for 20 years.
- Glyn is a a parent to 3. He not only understands what is required at the highest levels technically, he also understands what generally is safe and healthy for children and what is not.